Sunday, July 6, 2014

We're only human....

Sometimes it's so easy to get discouraged and be hard on ourselves for just being human. I'm not really sure why that is. I think that sometimes I really do have too high of expectations, which can be good but also not so good in certain instances. 
Especially in the battle of losing weight and getting healthy. I've spent the last six years of my career coaching people and telling them to realize they've had their lifetime to create bad habits and not to expect to make a change overnight. Sometimes it really is hard to practice what you preach! I was however just recently reminded that we need to not be so hard on ourselves and realize that the fact that we are even trying should be a victory in itself.

Why am I bringing this subject up? Well I just had a very fun 2 weeks on vacation, 8 of those days in Myrtle Beach.....without my Isagenix and clean eating! Did I have fun? Yes. Did I eat like a mad woman? Yes. Do I feel horrible for doing so? Yes. But I have 2 choices really: I can choose to be upset about not sticking to my plan and give up because I already went off track or I can suck it up, deal with it and move on.

We should celebrate every pound lost, every workout completed, every healthy recipe we try, etc.. If you fall off the wagon, SO WHAT?! Tomorrow is a new day. Get back at it and move on. That is what I'm choosing to do. I'm getting back on it and continuing to do what I need to do to reach my goal. 
What are you choosing to do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment