Thursday, August 28, 2014

Trying some new things

I
One of the hardest things for me has always been meal planning. I know how to eat healthy. I know what I should and shouldn't eat. However, I just get bored with making the same things over and over again. (Not to mention, I'm really not the best cook) I guess it's not really as much as me getting bored as it is making things that my family will eat. So over the past few weeks I set out to try some new things to add to my "family approved" meals.
The first thing on my list was Kabobs. This isn't really a new thing at my house It had just been a very long time since I'd made them. These are always a hit at my house. And you can make it your own by changing up the vegetables you use. I generally make chicken and steak at my house and use sweet onion and a mix of red, yellow and green peppers. The most time consuming part of this meal is cutting the vegetables but it's well worth the effort. It's a great healthy dish. If you've never made them,  you should definitely add it to your menu.

My new recipe I decided to try was Kale chips. I've heard all the rave about how great they are and of course how good kale is for you so I decided to give it a whirl. I picked up some kale at the farmers market and looked up a recipe on Pinterest. It really is a quick and easy snack to make. For mine, I just used sea salt, olive oil and garlic powder. I enjoyed them however, my family? Not so much! This will not be going on my list of "family" friendly recipes. I will definitely make them for me for a quick snack though. I am a snacker and these are a good healthy snack to munch on.








No comments:

Post a Comment